Resource Optimization Officer
ThinkWell is a member of the FHI360 led consortium implementing the USAID Enhancing Quality of Healthcare Activity II (EQHA II) project (2024-2028) in Cambodia. ThinkWell’s role on the EQHA II project will be support an initial in-depth analysis of the health quality governance landscape in Cambodia that will inform the co-development and collaborative implementation of resource allocation strategies designed to ensure the sustainability of Cambodia’s quality improvement and assurance (QI/QA) systems. Specifically, ThinkWell will provide direct support to the key Cambodian QA/QI institutions that include the Private Health Service Providers Association of Cambodia, the health professional councils, the Cambodia Healthcare Accreditation Commission, and the Ministry of Health (MOH) Quality Assurance Office to build capacity through the development of annual business plans and enhanced financial management practices that improve resource availability and allocative efficiency.
The Resource Optimization Officer (ROO) will work closely with each of these QA/AI institutions as an integral part of the broader EQHA II project to fulfill this role.
- Contribute to the design and provision of technical assistance (TA) to the Royal Government of Cambodia, health care providers, and other stakeholders at sub-national levels.
- Provide direct technical assistance to Cambodian QA/QI institutions to ensure high-quality program results in the implementation of their specific roles.
- Collaborate with provincial stakeholders to tailor resource optimization and financial management activities to local contexts and competencies.
- Facilitate the implementation of approved financial management capacity-building initiatives at sub-national levels, including providing technical assistance, training, coaching, and other technical exchange activities.
- Implement pilot activities to test new approaches that align with and complement other EQHA II activities.
- Support the development and implementation of EQHA II national and subnational health information systems, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), learning, and related activities.
- Conduct specific learning/research activities related to effective resource allocation for greater QI sustainability.
EQHA Project Responsibilities
- Contribute to work plan implementation and reporting; coordinate across internal and external partners and lead their engagement in collaborative projects.
- Draft or revise sections of project reports and coordinate team member input.
- Develop monitoring, evaluation, research, learning tools, indicators, and plans.
- Conduct desk research, including literature reviews, data mining, and analysis on relevant technical and policy issues, and effectively summarize findings.
- Produce high-quality written reports and presentations, including technical documents, project status reports, policy briefs, and publications for conferences and journals.
- Provide support and inputs to other technical and operations tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Collaborate with the broader ThinkWell learning community to contribute to and access additional technical support on project activities, sharing of lessons learned, and to support and build professional development opportunities.
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work, and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 6+years of experience or graduate degree and 4+ years of experience in the health sector.
- Experience in quality improvement/assurance (QA/QI) and a strong understanding of health economics.
- Experience with project monitoring and evaluation in the area of health financing.
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem-solving capabilities.
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work.
- Tech savvy and skilled at visual display of data.
- Demonstrated poise and professionalism in engaging with external partners, donors, and stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Khmer; with strong technical writing skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.