On October 19, 2023, HACC Executive Director, Mr. Tim Vora did deliver CSO speech at the opening of the Consultative Meeting on The Development of the National Strategic for Multi-sectoral Response on HIV and AIDS 2024-2028, led and organized by the National AIDS Authority (NAA) at the Cambodiana Hotel.
The aim of the meeting is to generate inputs from key stakeholders including Ministries, Development Partners, NGOs and people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS for the development of the next NSP6 2024-2028. The NSP would be an important tool for guiding key stakeholders on HIV and AIDS response for the next 5 years 2024-2028.
Key messages from HACC included:
- Mobilizing resources from all stakeholders and increasing domestic funding for next NSP6
- Use NAA with other key stakeholders for guiding to any donors if wanted to implement in HIV and AIDS in Cambodia
- Focus on prevention among KP and young generation
- Increase social protection support for all KPs in need
- Encourage setting up and implementing social contract
- Include drug education in HIV and AIDS program
- Strengthen the implementation of PAC, DAC and CAC
- Request to have representative of PL and KP in number of TWGs and with the support of the implementation of the CLM.
In addition, he also encourages all key stakeholders, especially PL and KPs to engage more meaningful in the discussion aim to ensure that health and living condition of PL and KPs would be better and met after the next 5 years.