- About Us
- Contact Us
Labor Contract Opportunity: EQHA Curriculum Specialist Position with HRDD
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) at the University of Washington (UW) in Seattle, USA, is recruiting for one Curriculum Specialist to coordinate work with the Enhancing Quality of Healthcare Activity (EQHA) project in Cambodia. The position will be located within the Human Resource Development Department (HRDD) at the Ministry of Health (MOH).
The overall goal of the EQHA project in Cambodia is to improve the quality of public and private health services at national and sub-national health systems by August 2023. The project, funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), is being implemented by Family Health International (FHI360) in collaboration with I-TECH and other partner organizations. The scope of work for I-TECH is focused on improvements to 1) the national health policy regulatory framework; and 2) national pre-service health professions training institutions. The Curriculum Specialist will support the HRDD to coordinate activities associated with revision and updating of the national pre-service health curriculum currently used to train students in public and private Training Institutions in Health (TIH) throughout the country. The updated curriculum will be transformed into a skills- or competency-based (rather than purely knowledge-based) curriculum that is well-aligned with work underway to update and strengthen the exam and licensure process in Cambodia for healthcare providers who have completed their pre-service education.
I-TECH is a center within the UW’s Department of Global Health and maintains 13 offices in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean Region. I-TECH's worldwide staff work in partnership with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other organizations to support the development of a skilled health work force and strong national health delivery systems. I-TECH's activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health systems strengthening, including laboratory strengthening and development of health information systems; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; and prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. The Cambodia-based EQHA team members working for I-TECH are labor contractors (outsourced employees), hired by and paid through a local third-party human resources vendor in Cambodia. The Curriculum Specialist will be based at the Cambodia Ministry of Health in the HRDD.
The person in this position will work closely with the EQHA pre-service team and technical consultants to:
• Serve as the point person at HRDD for coordination of national curriculum revision activities;
• Vet competency statements for all cadres and modules with stakeholders, with priority emphasis in the first year on nursing and midwifery cadres;
• Review existing curriculum modules, highlight missing or outdated content, and recommend updated teaching methods that support competency-based health education;
• Collect, review, and integrate existing new content and methods that can be rapidly integrated into a revised national curriculum;
• Coordinate the work of technical experts who will assist with updating older modules;
• Organize and lead a technical review process to assure broad support and effective implementation of newly revised curricula among users/stakeholders in the national TIH;
• Help plan and implement any in-service training needed for instructors to effectively teach newly revised curriculum modules and teaching methods; and
• Prepare reports and update MOH/HRDD, as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in the Health Sciences or equivalent or senior-level experience in teaching or curriculum/instructional design
• Minimum 3 years of pre-service teaching experience in the health sciences
• Master of Health Professional Education preferred
• Familiarity with the national MOH, HRDD, and TIH
• Computer skills sufficient to work effectively with the team on curriculum revision, including use of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint)
• Be able to work under pressure to deliver outputs quickly
• Comfort working in an environment with multiple partners and decision-makers
• Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, sufficient to maintain productive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a small team, including being pro-active and flexible
• Ability to exercise judgment and address challenges in a respectful manner
• Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English (required)
Contract Rate: Negotiable upon qualifications, plus benefits.
Contract Terms: Full time position requiring approximately 176 hours (22 days) per month. Contract written on basis of program fiscal year.
Guidance for Application:
Interested candidates must submit the following, in English, or the application will not be considered. Priority will be given to applications received by June 12, 2019
a) Cover letter describing their interest in the position, including past experience and future goals;
b) Names of three professional references;
c) Curriculum vitae; and
d) Any other documentation (e.g., portfolio, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS BY E-MAIL TO: email@example.com with the title (EQHA Curriculum Specialist Position with HRDD) in the subject line. Preference will be given to complete applications submitted by June 12, 2019.
Address: Phnom Penh Center, South Building (H), Floor #7, Room #789.
Tel: (855)12 368 362/ (855)15 368 322
Subscribe to our mailing list
© 2018 Health Action Coordinating Committee. All rights reserved.