- About Us
- Contact Us
Labor Contract Opportunity: EQHA Information Technology and Data Management Specialist
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) at the University of Washington (UW) in Seattle, USA, is recruiting for one Information Technology and Data Management Specialist to work with the Enhancing Quality of Healthcare Activity (EQHA) project in Cambodia. The position will be located within the Human Resource Development Department (HRDD) at the Ministry of Health (MOH).
The overall goal of the EQHA project in Cambodia is to improve the quality of public and private health services at national and sub-national health systems by August 2023. The project, funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), is being implemented by Family Health International (FHI360) in collaboration with I-TECH and other partner organizations. The scope of work for I-TECH is focused on improvements to 1) the national health policy regulatory framework; 2) national pre-service health professions training institutions; and 3) in-service training database of HRDD. The Information Technology and Data Management Specialist will support the HRDD in database development and management activities. He/she will provide technical support for tracking characteristics of pre-service graduates, and measure compliance of public and private Training Institutions in Health (TIH) in meeting competency standards. He/she will provide technical support to users of the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) database, including HRDD national and provincial staff and Regional Training Centers. He/she will work to extend the capability for the HRMIS to more accurately record and report on in-service training and professional development activities engaged in by MOH staff at the various system levels.
I-TECH is a center within the UW's Department of Global Health and maintains 13 offices in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean Region. I-TECH's worldwide staff work in partnership with local ministries of health, universities, non-governmental organizations, medical facilities, and other organizations to support the development of a skilled health work force and strong national health delivery systems. I-TECH's activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health systems strengthening, including laboratory strengthening and development of health information systems; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; and prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases. The Cambodia-based EQHA team members working for I-TECH are labor contractors (outsourced employees), hired by and paid through a local third-party human resources vendor in Cambodia. The Information Technology and Data Management Specialist will be based at the Ministry of Health in the HRDD.
· Assist in HRMIS database development and management activities for HRDD, serving as a point of contact for EQHA staff
· Provide technical support to users of the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) database, including HRDD national and provincial staff, and Regional Training Centers
· Conduct network and physical server maintenance, including regularly running back-ups and upgrades
· Ensure technology components of HRDD systems are functioning effectively and efficiently through regular monitoring of system performance and troubleshooting diagnostic errors
· Coordinate with external agencies and software developers that provide services related to information technology and data management to HRDD
· Enter/validate legacy in-service training data from previous software and hard copies into HRMIS
· Conduct regular data quality audits on data entry
· Prepare reports on system data as requested from HRDD
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Bachelor degree of Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent or senior-level experience in data management
· Minimum 3 years of information technology experience in Cambodia, including responsibility for design and maintenance of IT systems and data bases as well as equipment planning, procurement, monitoring, and maintenance
· Skills and knowledge to effectively work with various computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint), and database programs
· Experience in data entry, data analysis, running data quality audits and producing associated reports
· Experience developing web-based applications preferred
· Be able to work under pressure to deliver outputs quickly and efficiently to high standards
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills, both oral and written, to maintain productive working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a small team, including being pro-active and flexible
· Ability to exercise judgment and address challenges in a respectful manner
· Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing English (required)
Contract Rate: Negotiable upon qualifications, plus benefits.
Contract Terms: Full time position requiring approximately 176 hours (22 days) per month. Contract written on basis of program fiscal year. Renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
Guidance for Application:
Interested candidates must submit the following materials, in English, or the application will not be considered. Priority will be given to applications received by June 12, 2019.
a) Cover letter describing their interest in the position, including past experience and future goals;
b) Names of three professional references;
c) Curriculum vitae; and
d) Any other documentation (e.g., portfolio, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS BY E-MAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title (EQHA Information Technology and Data Management Specialist) in the subject line. Preference will be given to complete applications submitted by June 12, 2019.
Address: Phnom Penh Center, South Building (H), Floor #7, Room #789.
Tel: (855)12 368 362/ (855)15 368 322
Subscribe to our mailing list
© 2018 Health Action Coordinating Committee. All rights reserved.